- 100% made from spent Madagascar vanilla beans, no flavor or smell left
- Only adds texture and appearance
- Vanilla powder from unspent beans is much more expensive
- Vanilla beans used to make this powder were already used to make vanilla extract
- Heat treated and sterilized
- 3 ounces of this product is roughly 1.5 cups
- This will NOT dissolve in hot water
Vanilla powder is a loose term for a product that may contain sugar, fillers, or artificial vanillin. Ground vanilla beans, sometimes referred to as vanilla powder, should be made only from vanilla beans. The vanilla beans can be spent or unspent. Spent vanilla beans means that the vanilla beans have been used to make vanilla extract, and there is virtually no flavor left in them. This product is made from spent Madagascar vanilla beans only and is for texture and appearance.
As a few examples, it is used in:
...Baking industry (adding it to flour)
...Mixing with vanilla pudding
...Mixing with sugar.
Ground vanilla bean powder made from spent beans is dirt cheap (and frankly, tastes like dirt) compared to ground vanilla bean powder made from unspent beans. An ounce of ground vanilla bean powder takes at least an ounce of vanilla beans to make, whether from spent or unspent vanilla beans.
Our ground vanilla bean powder has been heat treated/sterilized, so it is safe for human consumption. The beans are extracted, dried, seeds removed, milled, sterilized.